Monday, October 10, 2005

Redding, CA

We spent a week with Betty and Chuck Goehring. We attended their surprise 50th wedding anniversary party near there home. They live at Lake Shastina, it is so pretty there with lots trees all over the place. Gordon and Chuck got to go fishing and both caught some Large Mouth Bass. I was so excited to hear that the Int'l Film Festival was at Lake Shasta City so Betty and I went to see, "Hot Ballroom" (which I highly recommend-soon coming on DVD) and The Beauty Academy of Kabu. This was a very well done documentary also. Gordon and Chuck saw the Mountain Postman a documentary made in China. They said it was very good also. On Sunday we got to see a free movie which was "The Five People You Met In Heaven" and that was REALLY good.
Right now we are in Redding for a few days then onto Lake Minden, in Nickolas, (CA). This is not to far from Sacramento and Davis where our son and grandsons are. We hope to spend time with them both.
I am so happy to be out of extended cell phone area so I can be back on the computer in the evening. I can not use my cell phone to connect with the internet unless I am in Verizon area.
Bye, L

2 comments:

kitfoxgal said...

Laura, I dont know if you remmber who I am. Dale and I was at Stanley with the groupthis year. We was parked near you. I amgoing to start a blog. Not sure how to go about doing everything. Was not sure who to ask. Had your number so thoght I would try you.Can you help in any way? My email is kitfoxgal2yahoo.com.Hope you dont mind me asking. Vera

Anonymous said...

Laura & Gordon,
It was really nice to meet you both. I know my Mom and Dad really enjoyed having you visit with them. I am looking forward in following you to see what you are doing and where you are heading. Keep that blog updated. Thank you for attending the 50th Anniversary party. Hope to see you soon. Take care and be safe.